Student must be interested in the business side of baseball and learning how to manage, support and maintain partnership relations. The student will be responsible to working with all departments to make sure that all deliverables have been met to the highest standard.
Rough Scope of Primary Duties
● Work with Communications, Marketing, and to ensure all aspects of partner contracts are executed to a high standard
● Work with sales team to manage any partner requests
● Liaise with sponsors as required to manage partner requests
● Assist with Social Media content, to include: Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
● Work with community outreach to ensure execution of community partner commitments and collaborate on new ways to work with our community partners
● Mid season partner/sponsor check ins
● Create post season performance packages
● Support promotions/community engagement team to manage off-site events
● Assisting with game day and administrative duties.
Secondary Duties or other Projects of interest (candidate dependant)
● Supporting sales calls
● Putting together proposals
● Attend promotion development meetings
● Work additional events at Harry & David Field
Before you consider applying for the internship, please ensure you fulfil the following requirements.
Key attributes for the position are:
● Strong PC skills - Adobe CS5 (or other design), Outlook & MS Office.
● Organized and detail oriented
● A passion for spreadsheets
● Strong work ethic
● Ability to work under pressure
● Comprehensive writing skills
● Sound working knowledge of Social Media
● Initiative, adaptability and ability to work independently
● Interpersonal and presentation skills
● Willingness to do a range of jobs with enthusiasm
Student will be exposed to the business and sales side of sports and learn how to work to represent the best interests of all the involved parties. A strong emphasis will be in developing tools and systems to keep organized. The ideal candidate will have an interest in learning how to diversify communication styles, prioritize and manage time. The student will learn how to assess and report success of partnership performance, as well as develop post season packages for presentation to partners.
Student will act as a representative of the team and will also be exposed to sponsors, media personalities (and outlets), major sponsors and community organizations on a daily basis and expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate(s) will commit to the whole season (May-August), preferably earlier as school schedule allows. The full schedule is available HERE.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by no later than February 16th, 2018.