Student must have a passion for learning how to market a sports entertainment product and desire to learn brand positioning strategies as they relate directly to Sports Marketing. Reporting to the COO, the student take creative direction to produce, create and maintain digital content; as well as execute marketing, promotions and/or create other community engagement strategies.
Rough Scope of Primary Duties
● Research industry and market standards
● Contribute out of the box marketing concepts and ideas
● Execute marketing plan
● Mange template driven website - ensure content is organized, consistent and current.
● Maintain Social Media content, to include: Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
● Communicate with sponsors and community organizations to ensure proper promotion of their event nights as needed
● Work with Communications Manager, Sales Team and Game Day to ensure all elements and information are promoted in a timely manner
● Maintain and organize photo libraries or players, fans and the event.
● Support promotions/community engagement team at off-site events & photography.
● Assisting with game day, media relations and administrative duties.
Secondary Duties or other Projects of interest. (candidate dependant)
● Manage, edit, and shoot weekly video segment
● Create branding and communications strategy for Mascot/Kids Club
● Assist the Communications Manager with press releases
● Assist with broadcast elements ** PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS NOT A BROADCAST POSITION**
Before you consider applying for the internship, please ensure you fulfil the following requirements.
Key attributes for the position are:
● Strong PC skills - Adobe CS5 (or other design), Outlook & MS Office.
● Strong work ethic
● Extremely detail oriented
● Ability to work under pressure
● Comprehensive writing skills
● Sound working knowledge of Social Media
● Initiative, adaptability and ability to work independently
● Willingness to do a range of jobs with enthusiasm
Student will be exposed to all aspects of marketing cycle, from concept to creation, how to liaise with media, sponsors, create/develop calls to actions within ads. The ideal candidate will have an interest in learning how to build a brand and learn how to market sports through entertainment based and sports based campaigns. Focus will be on developing messaging and imagery to evoke emotions in fans, creating need or desire to attend games or further engage with the club. Student will be a part of the creative process and implement promotional strategies designed to increase attendance. The student is expected to contribute ideas and actively participate in planning sessions and provide campaign wrap report. The ideal candidate will be passionate about sports, have no problem adapting to last minute changes, working off hours to monitor social media and contributing to a fun work environment.
Student will act as a representative of the team and will also be exposed to sponsors, media personalities (and outlets), major sponsors and community organizations on a daily basis and expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate(s) will commit to the whole season (May-August), preferably earlier as school schedule allows. The full schedule is available HERE.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than February 16th, 2018.