Student must be interested in learning all facets of promotions, elements of event management and extreme multi-tasking. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating fun, aren’t afraid to laugh at themselves and an interest in contributing to game day concepts and games. Primary focus is creating a fun and engaging game day experience for fans as well as sponsors.
Rough Scope of Primary Duties
● Executing game day promotions and fan activations
● Working with sales team and sponsors to ensure proper execution
● Collaborate with team members to grow and enhance game day programming and activities
● Plan and execute game day logistics
● Update in- game social media as required
● Game Day scripting
● Work with Marketing/Communications to ensure proper pre-promotion of game activities and events
● Manage promotions team to ensure smooth execution of on field promotions
● Assisting with marketing, community relations and administrative duties.
Secondary Duties or other Projects of interest. (candidate dependant)
● Work non-baseball events at Harry & David Field
● Sales calls as required
● On field in -game hosting
Before you consider applying for the internship, please ensure you fulfil the following requirements.
Key attributes for the position are:
● Strong PC skills -Outlook & MS Office.
● Strong work ethic
● Boundless energy
● Sense of humor
● Ability to roll with last minute changes
● Attention to detail
● Ability to work under pressure
● Comfortable in front of a crowd
● Willingness to do a range of jobs with enthusiasm
● Previous supervisory experience an asset
Student will be exposed to all aspects of the foundation of baseball; the promotion. The successful candidate will participate in development from concept to creation and be expected to actively provide input and ideas for the purpose of sales and entertainment based promotions. In addition to exposure to the marketing and promotions side, the student will learn how to run events (game day) including logistics, people management and take away tools to keep organized in such situations. The ideal candidate will have no problem standing in front of a crowd, dressing in costumes, working long hours and providing an exemplary fan experience.
Student will act as a representative of the team and will also be exposed to sponsors, media personalities (and outlets), major sponsors and community organizations on a daily basis and expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate(s) will commit to the whole season (May-August), preferably earlier as school schedule allows. The full schedule is available HERE.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than February 16th, 2018.