Student must have a passion for connect with the community and desire to learn how to plan and execute a strategic community relations program. Reporting to the COO, the student will be given parameters and guidance to book team appearances, in-park fundraisers, liaise with non-profits attending games, donation requests and work with key stakeholders to promote the Rogues in the community.
Rough Scope of Primary Duties
● Research appropriate community events for Rogues to support
● Create and maintain a calendar of all events
● Schedule appropriate support staff to attend events
● Promote community events and initiatives as required on Social Media content, to include: Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.
● Under direction – design, develop sell sheets and graphics based on branding strategy.
● Help create and prepare appropriate collateral
● Act as point person for non-profits and community groups partnering with the Rogues
● Work with COO to book team members for events
● Assisting with game day media and administrative duties as needed
● Work with Communications Manager to promote events
Secondary Duties or other Projects of interest (candidate dependant)
● Create concepts and strategies to grow Mascot/Kids Club
● Work with marketing team members to plan creative concepts to promote community outreach
Before you consider applying for the internship, please ensure you fulfil the following requirements.
Key attributes for the position are:
● Strong PC skills - Outlook & MS Office.
● Comfortable in connecting with new people and organizations
● Strong work ethic
● Ability to work under pressure
● Comprehensive writing skills
● Sound working knowledge of Social Media
● Initiative, adaptability and ability to work independently
● Interpersonal and presentation skills
● Willingness to do a range of jobs with enthusiasm
Student will be exposed to all aspects of community outreach, from planning to execution including how to assess, read and integrate a brand into a community. Student will be a part of planning and development meetings for key game day events supporting local charities. The student will learn the importance of a strong community outreach program and its impact on team business growth.
Student will act as a representative of the team and will also be exposed to sponsors, media personalities (and outlets), major sponsors and community organizations on a daily basis and expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate(s) will commit to the whole season (End of May-August), preferably earlier as school schedule allows. The full schedule is available HERE.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than February 16th, 2018.